There are job duties and business endeavors that I know I will never accept. I have served as an Assistant Director and a Director of Programs but I am 100% sure that I will never become an Executive Director. I won’t accept the position because I am unable to take on the responsibility but because I am unwilling to make the lifestyle sacrifices I feel are necessary to do the job well. Even during times in my career when I wasn’t sure of exactly what I wanted I was always clear about what I didn’t want. I thought I had mastered the process of elimination but I have recently realized that I am continuing to learn to be more selective in the types of opportunities I accept.
There are many reasons that a person desires a promotion. Beyond financial increase, a person may want to:
- Fulfill a professional dream they may have set aside
- Position themselves for increased upward mobility
- Obtain a specific title or level of power
- Be challenged professionally
- Be rewarded for their hard work
Will more money make you happy?
- Are you ready to take your personal life, career, or business to the next level?
- Do you have big ideas and need help developing an implementation strategy?
- Are you unemployed or feeling stuck in your current position?
- Are you a college student who wants to graduate with experience and a solid career plan?
Did you answer YES to any of these questions? I would love to know why you want to Get Promoted. Career coaching with me can propel you forward.
Nicki Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career development coaching to college students and job seekers. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors as well as provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible corporate programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.