Hunger and poverty are on my mind again today. Instead of writing along blog post, I will offer research from Feeding America.
The Feeding America network helps families across the nation get the support they need to find nutritious food to eat. According to Feeding America, the productivity of our country would greatly improve if we addressed this root issue and was able to help feed everyone in need.
United States government data collected show that in 2014:
• 46.7 million people (15 percent) were in poverty, including 15.5 million (21 percent) children under the age of 18.
• 48.1 million Americans lived in food-insecure households, including more than 15 million children.
According to the Feeding America Hunger in America 2014 study,
• Based on annual income, 72 percent of all Feeding America client households live at or below 100 percent of the federal poverty line.
• The median annual household income of Feeding America clients is $9,175.
• More than half of client households (54 percent) report at least one employed person at some point in the past year.
• Gentrification and Urban Youth…What’s Next?
• Add More to Increase Economic Empowerment
• Eat To Live
• Poverty and Hunger and Urban Farms
• United Nations Sustainable Development Summit 2015
• October On The Farm
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.