I LOVE New Edition! No, really…LOVE! Everyone who knows me knows that I have loved New Edition since I was ten years old! Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Ralph, and Johnny! I literally don’t travel by plane, train, or automobile without New Edition music. I’m a true #NE4Life fan (not to be mistaken for a groupie). I have grown up with them. They have provided the soundtrack for my life. There is a New Edition song for every life phase and stage I have entered and exited. When I’m sad New Edition music is guaranteed to lift my spirits. When I’m happy a New Edition song is guaranteed to make me feel even better. The live concerts are the best thing since sliced bread — I always enjoy the trip down memory lane.
Could you go a longer period of time without your cell phone or without listening to music?
I’m a huge New Edition fan but I really just love music. I definitely don’t go a day without listening to music. When I get up in the morning I turn my TV on to my favorite Music Choice channel before listening to the news, traffic, or weather reports. I listen to music as soon as I get into my car. I still buy CDs and have two working record players in my house. I have music on my cell phone and on my computer.
How do you “use music”?
Fred Hammond is my favorite gospel artist. I call him the New Edition of gospel because I totally LOVE his music as well. My favorite song right now is “Lovin’ Me” by Jonathan McReynolds. That song takes me in to a deep place of worship and gratitude.
Here are my other favorite songs:
- Candy Girl
- Helplessly In Love
- Lost In Love
- Still In Love
- My Secret (Didja Get It Yet)
- You Are The Living Word
- Jesus Be A Fence
- No Weapon
- Praise Him Through The Night
- They That Wait
- Just Want To Praise You – Maurette Brown Clark
- Moving Forward – Jessica Reedy
- God Favored Me – Hezekiah Walker
- Let Go – DeWayne Woods
- If It had Not Been – Helen Baylor
R&B (Old School)
- Roni – Bobby Brown
- End Of The Road – Boyz II Men
- Time Will Reveal – DeBarge
- Soon As I Get Home – Babyface
- Man In The Mirror – Michael Jackson
Hip Hop/Rap (Old School)
- Funky Beat – Whodini
- I’m Bad – LL Cool J
- Ya Cold Wanna Be With Me – U.T.F.O.
- The Show – Doug E. Fresh
- Self Destruction – Stop the Violence Movement
Pop (Old School)
- Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears For Fears
- Sweet Dreams – Eurythmics
- Karma Chameleon – Culture Club
- Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
- We Are The World – USA for Africa
As you can see, my idea of “good” secular music ended in the 1980’s. I am true old school, but there are two more songs I want to share with you. One is my millennium favorite and the other song is the song that I’m embarrassed to admit that I like but I really do. Drum roll please…
- Down For Life – K-Ci and JoJo (please tell your kids to say no to drugs and alcohol)
- Sexy Can I – Ray J (He’s still Brandy’s little brother)
What is your favorite genre of music?
What’s your favorite song?
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of Packaged For Success, helps both youth and adults discover their personal power, dream big, and achieve success on their own terms. Ms. Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager who holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. Ms. Sanders has over fifteen years of direct experience with diverse populations in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.