Life for most of us is jam packed with activities and events. Youth and adults alike are spread thin as we work, attend school, shop, exercise, volunteer, and the list goes on and on. In addition to eating together as a family, there is another way that families can have fun and bond TONIGHT! Did I mention it’s free, doesn’t involve technology, and can be done almost anywhere? Curious are you?
Let me tell you about a game I call “How Well Do You Know Me?” The object of the game is to find out how many fun things family members know about each other and to learn additional cool things about each other. It can be played with two people or 15 people. Each family can customize the game to fit their needs and lifestyle. It’s a great idea for family game nights, road trips, snow storms, and family celebrations.
Here are things to consider before you begin:
- Who will begin the game (parents first, oldest to youngest, ladies first, etc)?
- In what order will questions be answered?
- Will you create teams or play individually?
- Will you write your answers down or shout them out?
- How long will the game last?
- What questions/topics are off limits?
- What happens when a person answers incorrectly?
- Will the winner receive a prize?
Open your mind and have fun. The game is what you make it. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Favorite color
- Favorite food
- Favorite music group
- Worst vacation
- Best friend
- Favorite holiday
- Most embarrassing moment
- Favorite thing about work
- Favorite subject in school
- Favorite teacher
- Favorite season
- Least favorite chore
Benefits of family game night
- More time together as a family
- Improve social skills
- Share family history
So I ask you again…what is your teen doing tonight?