Expressing your individuality and challenging social norms can be difficult in a culture that emphasizes conformity and fitting in. I am writing this blog to challenge you to begin the New Year with a renewed commitment to living life with purpose and pride. Take some time today to set the tone for how you want your year to progress.
Some people define success by titles on their office doors or the numbers of commas in their bank account statement. Fancy cars, large homes, and designer clothing characterize success for others. Still others may identify success as loving relationships, traveling the world, or philanthropic endeavors.
Success means different things to different people. Success can also mean different things at different stages in your life. There have been many dozens of books, motivational speeches, talk shows, sermons, and conferences on how to achieve success. Often times the strategies and warnings are very similar. My summation of the true key to success is defining success on your own terms.
How do you define success? What does success mean to you?
Need a little help coming up with answers?
Not a problem. Grab a pen and answer the following questions to move you closer to creating your personal description of success.
DREAM BIG and be honest with yourself! Go with the first thoughts that come to you. Don’t edit your answers.
- What would you do if you knew that you couldn’t fail?
- How would you spend your time if money was not an obstacle?
- If a genie granted you three wishes what would you wish for?
- What do you enjoy doing so much that you lose track of time?
- What skill/subject could you teach me today with less than 10 minutes of preparation time?
- What two people do you admire most and why?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you want with you and why?
- The World Is Your Classroom…think outside the box…break away from the ordinary…leap and the net will appear.
- Strive for happiness and not perfection…seek inner peace instead of outward praise…make an effort to enjoy the journey as much as the destination.
Our Packaged For Success™ Youth Portfolio Development Program is a great next step for your personal success journey. Schedule your session today.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox utilizes youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs. We are committed to supporting and raising awareness about the needs and potential of teenagers in the foster care system.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.