Sometimes I turn on the TV or log on to social media and it seems line 1955 instead of 2015. It feels like we are turning the hands of time back to an era defined by hate, division, and fear. We’ve come too far to go backwards.
- Would you tell a cardiologist that dentistry is more important so he should end his practice?
- Would you tell a breast cancer patient that she shouldn’t be concerned about someone with kidney failure?
- Would you tell a mother of a son that she shouldn’t care about girls?
Of course you wouldn’t! We are not in competition! Everyone is important!
- Black Live Matters doesn’t mean other lives don’t matter.
- Anti-police brutality doesn’t mean anti police.
- Pray for Paris doesn’t mean that Kenya or any inner city in the USA is unimportant.
We are all the HUMAN RACE!
My Pack A Purse™ Drive benefits teen girls in foster care but I can’t force someone who advocates for honey bees, or cats, or farming, or tougher drunk driving laws that their cause is less important.
I’m not denying that racism, sexism, or classism exists but the world needs all of us to work on our passions and have empathy for others if we are going to make positive, long-lasting change. SPREAD LOVE!
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.