I serve as an Adjunct Professor at Trinity Washington University, as an Internship Supervisor, and as a hiring manager with nearly two decades of experience in the human services industry. I am also an undergraduate and graduate first generation college student, college parent, and career coach. I received my Masters of Social Work degree from University of Maryland, Baltimore with a concentration in Management and Community Organization and a specialization in Social Action and Community Development. I successfully apply my degree in hiring, training, and supervising staff and students of multiple disciplines.
Three challenges that I recognize academic institutions face:
- Lack of qualified internship sites available to students
- Internship managers who regard interns as free labor and do not provide value work experiences
- Students lack the ability to apply classroom knowledge in the field or are otherwise unprepared for the internship opportunity so companies do not want to continue the internship
I can provide solutions to all three challenges listed above. I am offering my internship program development and management consulting services to college Career Service Departments, Advisors and Guidance Counselors, Alumni Offices and Associations, and Human Services Departments. I am also available as a guest lecturer for both undergraduate and graduate courses in Social Work, Sociology, Human Relations, Psychology, Public Health, and other helping fields. Three key topics that I speak to students about are maximizing the internship experience, building a successful career in human services, and opportunities in macro social work.
Please feel free to contact me by email.
- 5 Reasons Students Can Benefit From A Career Coach
- 5 Things You Should Never Say to a Social Work Student
- 5 Reasons Everyone Needs a Professional Portfolio
- 5 Reasons Students Avoid Internships
- 5 Ways to Get the Best from Your Intern
- 10 Things I’ve Never Heard My Interns Say
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an Adjunct Professor with an extensive background in developing and managing internship programs. She is a skilled program manager, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and 20 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2016 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.