Become A Pack A Purse Drive™ Ambassador by hosting a community collection site!
2016 Pack A Purse™ Drive Goal: 1,000 purses
November 1, 2016 – December 5, 2016
- Only new and gently used purses will be accepted.
- New toiletries needed: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, soap, lotion, and feminine hygiene products. We will also accept: shampoo, lotion, lip balm, and hand sanitizer
Here are 5 easy steps to hosting a successful Pack A Purse™ Drive community collection site:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and Packaged for Success.
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
Other wasy to get involved with the 10th Annual Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive:
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.