Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive to collect and distribute purses and personal hygiene items to teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters ends on Friday, May 7, 2016. Filled backpacks will be delivered during National Foster Care Month. There is still time for you to donate and collaborate.
Since 2012, we have collected and delivered 285 backpacks and luggage filled with personal hygiene items to 12 agencies.
- Child and Family Services Agency
- Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program
- Howard County Department of Social Services
- Hearts & Homes For Youth
- DC Family and Youth Initiative
- Aunt Hattie’s Place
- Maryland Foster Youth Resource Center
- A Step Closer Foundation
- Coalition of Adoption Programs
- Koba Institute, Inc.
- Creative Alternatives
Here is how you can get involved:
- Donate toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, and shaving items.
- We are always seeking donation drop-off locations in the community – churches, barber shops, hair salons, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and local businesses.
- We welcome sororities and fraternities, faith-based organizations, church ministries, scouting clubs, mentoring groups, and sports teams to host a collection site.
- We are accepting donations of durable, large gifts and decorative bags because we never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags.
- We need a community location where we can sort and pack items and agency representatives can pick up donations. Volunteers needed!