If you are a Facebook user you have probably read a few interesting things about your Facebook friends in the last week. I read the “game” updates that appeared on my timeline but had no desire to join the game so I didn’t comment. Then a friend posted a powerfully transparent status that sucked me in. I replied and she assigned me the number 8 this weekend. I had to play fair and write 8 things about myself. I have written three blog posts about myself fairly recently so I started there. I referenced the blogs in numbers 1-3 and made sure not to repeat any “life” details in 4-8.
Today, I thought I’d share my life with my blog community (again). Here we go…
- Eight Things About Nicki (blog)
- What Am I Afraid To Tell You (blog)
- I Told My Daughter She Can Change The World (blog)
- I doubt that my humility has always served me well – especially in business. I need to sit with that for a minute.
- I am intimidated by new technology. I procrastinate and then when I finally “bite the bullet” realize the problem was false evidence appearing real not complicated technology.
- I LOVE Christmas movies…truthfully…watching Christmas movies at the end of the year is the only time I truly relax. Although I hate the commercialization of Christmas, I have seen 2 good Christmas movies already (right when I needed them).
- There aren’t many people who get “all” of me. Some know me as a mother or friend. Others as a professional. Others as an entrepreneur. Others know me as an advocate or mentor. CONGRATS if you get the whole package!
- I have a gift for seeing the strength, talent, and potential in people but the truth is that I am not living up to my own potential right now. I’m safe in my comfort zone. No projects that are challenging me to grow from the inside out. When I focus I can do so much more. Time to focus!!
What this all means today is that I am moving into a new phase. I am ready to go to the next level in my personal life, professional endeavors, and my business. I am building a team that will include website and technology support, marketing assistance, and blog contributors. One of the most important team members may just be a college intern who is in foster care or recently exited the system.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox utilizes youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs. We are committed to supporting and raising awareness about the needs and potential of teenagers in the foster care system.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.