Welcome to day 7 in my Get Hired job search blog series. Are you finding it useful?
Question of the Day: Do you have a GPS in your car or on your cell phone?
There is a quote by Lewis Carroll that states “If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there.” This doesn’t apply to you because you have already described your dream job in writing, haven’t you? Remember that job hunting is a very individual process and now is the time to create the job search road you will travel. Planned action is crucial to landing the job of your dreams.
Job Search Tip #6: Determine the best combination of job search strategies for you
- Most major newspapers have a larger employment section in their Sunday edition. Check out the online employment section of your local newspaper.
- Seek employment search engines and boards that have a reputation for quality posts in your chosen field – careerbuilder, monster, usajobs, idealist, and simplyhired to name a few.
- Find out if your company of choice accepts in-person applicants.
- Are you scouting a position that only accepts resumes by email?
- Do you have any telephone inquiries penciled in your planner?
- Planning a trip to your local employment center?
Stay tuned for job search tip #7 in this job search blog series tomorrow.
Want individual assistance with your job search?
Related Post: Where Do You Want To Go?
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of The Teen Toolbox, is a Life Skills Expert who uses her Packaged For Success™ programs to help clients set goals for life and create a road map to reach those goals. Ms. Sanders is an experienced case manager, trainer, and administrator. She offers professional development training for both youth and adults. Ms. Sanders holds a Master’s degree in Social Work and has fifteen years of direct experience with a diverse array of clients in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.