Our goal for our 10th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive is to collect 1,000 purses between November 1 and December 5, 2016.
You’re an amazing business owner with a heart to help your community. I invite you to become a supporter of our 10th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive through financial contributions or material donations of purses and personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, or homeless shelters. You can also allow your business to become a collection site.
These 5 simple steps will ensure you host a successful Pack A Purse™ Drive collection site:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and Packaged for Success (formerly The Teen Toolbox).
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
Hiring an intern and starting an internship program require commitment, planning and attentiveness. The right intern can help you increase your productivity and profits while bringing new ideas to your company. Pack A Purse™ Drive is a great group project or long-term project for interns to coordinate.
Let me break the collection site tasks down a little more so they are less overwhelming and easier to turn into a timeline and checklist. Your intern can:
- Research Pack A Purse™ Drive and the needs of teen girls in foster care
- Clarify if your collection site is internal or open to the public
- Create and post flyers
- Manage social media
- Email employees, partners and clients
- Draft a newsletter or eblast
- Create and decorate a donation box
- Track donations and donors
- Sort and pack donations
- Coordinate delivery or drop off
- Report the results to your team
- Thank participants
- Summarize the project including successes, challenges, observations, and recommendations (may also want to present to your team)
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an Adjunct Professor with an extensive background in developing and managing internship programs. She is a skilled program manager, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and 20 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2016 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.