The Teen Toolbox is on a mission to raise awareness about the needs and potential of youth in transition from foster care and work to counteract negative statistics and stories by showcasing the talent and determination in young people. We invite you to nominate a teen for our “SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month” feature which recognizes a youth in the foster care system (14-21) that is leading a life of promise and making a positive impact in his or her community.
Have you nominated a teen for “SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month” yet? Are you wondering if submitting the nomination is a safe or smart thing to do? I understand completely. In fact, I have had similar concerns when I’ve seen profiles of youth awaiting adoption on my local news or adoption website, or in the email newsletters from organizations that serve youth in foster care.
I am a strong proponent of protecting young people – in person and online. We will not publish the last name of any youth, their school name, or city they live in. We will not identify the specific names of the activities or organizations they are involved in. Did I just confuse you even more? Let me give you an example.
“Nicki is a graduating senior in Maryland who is the President of her high school Community Service club and member of her church choir. “
“SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month” honorees will receive:
- Recognition on The Teen Toolbox website, blog, and social media pages
- A special letter of recognition from our Chief Visionary Officer
- A certificate of achievement
- A copy of the book “Success Is A Decision” and an interview with The Youth Success Princess, Danette Nixon which will be featured on the Empowering Youth For Success website.
To nominate a teen, submit an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name, Current Grade or Employer, State Residing In
- Special Activities/Talents/Abilities
- Hobbies & Interests
- Activities & Projects
- Goals & Aspirations
- Advice to Other Youth in Foster Care
- Current photograph of youth
- Name and relationship of person submitting nomination
Feel free to contact me with additional recommendations, questions or concerns.
Nominations accepted on a continuous basis. I encourage you to share this opportunity with your colleagues, foster parents, and youth.
Read our blog: Protecting Foster Youth From Identity Theft
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox provides youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs.