I have to admit that during the month of May I have been on autopilot. — sometimes even feeling stagnant. There were also several times during National Foster Care Month when I pondered “why I do what I do”. Today I had several “why” reminders. In fact, they were more like “wake up calls” and now I’m feeling like myself again. I had to RePackage Myself For Success!
GET READY…I’M BACK ON TRACK!!!
· Providing a platform for teens to share their awesomeness.
· Empowering teens to accept and embrace this platform (and other opportunities that come their way).
· Lending my voice to those teens that have been silenced.
Packaged For Success™ Youth Portfolio Development Program helps youth put their best foot forward. During our one day seminar, young people discover their strengths, record their achievements, and develop goals and action steps. The end result is a completed professional portfolio that may be used in a variety of academic and professional environments.
- 5 Steps to Success workshop combines pop culture with interactive games and group activities to create a 5 step path to achieving personal goals.
- The World Is Your Classroom workshop challenges youth to connect to the larger world around them by exploring expectations, leaving their comfort zone, leveraging opportunities, and creating a new legacy
- The Road Trip workshop guides youth on the journey to self-discovery as they uncover their strengths and assets, recognize road blocks, and assess their support system.
- Making the Most of High School workshop helps students take charge of their education and maximize their academic experience through the creation of a four year high school plan.
1. Yes, Your Teen Needs To Be Packaged For Success™
2. 5 Steps To Success: Empowering Teens To Forge Their Own Path
3. Parent Power: We Are All In This Together
Help eliminate negative stereotypes of teens in foster care by nominating a teen in for our SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Monthrecognition. The Teen Toolbox “SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month” award recognizes a youth (14-21) in the foster care system that is leading a life of promise and making a positive impact in his or her community. Nominations are accepted on a continuous basis.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox utilizes youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs. We are committed to supporting and raising awareness about the needs and potential of teenagers in the foster care system.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.