In your job search travels your resume gets you to the front door but what happens once you step inside for your interview is the deciding factor in landing the position. I recommend setting aside time to practice before every interview. Here are a few practice questions to give you a head start.
• What led you to apply for this job?
• What interests you in working for XYZ agency?
• What interests you about working with the XYZ population?
• Tell me about your most successful case.
• Tell me about the most difficult case you ever worked on.
• What types of clients are difficult for you to work with?
• What are your career goals?
• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
• What is your availability?
• What questions can I answer for you?
• What specific skills do you have that relate to the job?
• What personal experiences have you had that would help you in this job?
• For what reasons do you believe you could handle this position?
• What does this job have to offer you and you offer it?
• What types of volunteer experience have you had?
• Tell me about your education.
• How would your experience/background contribute to your success?
• Which courses were particularly helpful to you?
• Describe your fieldwork experience.
• Why are you interested in the Human Services field?
• What kind of experience have you had with different populations?
• What types of clients have you worked with?
• What is your background and philosophy of social work? Counseling? Etc.
• What are your counseling strengths and weaknesses?
• What supervisory experience have you had?
• How do you describe your professional boundaries?
• What do you think makes a successful team environment?
• How do you keep track of your projects and meet deadlines?
• What do you do when you are faced with an ethical conflict?
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of Packaged For Success, helps both youth and adults discover their personal power, dream big, and achieve success on their own terms. Ms. Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager who holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. Ms. Sanders has over fifteen years of direct experience with diverse populations in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.