Sometimes you have to toot your own horn! YOU can nominate yourself for SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month. Our SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month award recognizes a youth (14-21) in the foster care system that is leading a life of promise and making a positive impact in his or her community.
Here are 5 reasons why you might want to nominate yourself for SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month:
- Drop the labels that may have been placed on you.
- Understand the difference between bragging and self-promotion.
- Celebrate your accomplishments.
- Express your achievements.
- Be a positive role model and advocate for teens in foster care.
SPOTLIGHT Teen of the Month honorees will receive:
- Recognition on The Teen Toolbox website and social media pages
- A feature in The Teen Toolbox blog dedicated to their accomplishments
- A special letter of recognition from our Chief Visionary Officer
- A certificate of achievement
- A youth empowerment affirmation
- A motivational book for teens
To nominate a yourself, submit an email with the following information:
- Name, Current Grade or Employer, Length of Time In Care, State Residing In
- Special Activities/Talents/Abilities
- Hobbies, Interests, & Projects
- Goals & Aspirations
- Advice to Other Youth in Care
Please send information and photo of teen by email to info (at) theteentoolbox (dot) com. Include name, relationship, and email address of person submitting form. Nominations accepted on a continuous basis.
You may also want to read: SPOTLIGHT on Tony D
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox utilizes youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs. We are committed to supporting and raising awareness about the needs and potential of teenagers in the foster care system.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.