Support Pack A Backpack Drive™ 2016
Our Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive began on April 1, 2016 and will end on May 7, 2016. With your support, we are collecting backpacks filled with toiletries for teen boys in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Filled backpacks will be delivered to organizations in May during National Foster Care Month.
Our 2016 Pack A Backpack™ Drive goal is 250 filled backpacks.
New and gently used backpacks will be accepted. Only new personal hygiene items accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, and shaving items.
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Backpack™ Drive.
Past recipients include Child and Family Services Agency, Prince George’s County Department of Social Services Independent Living Program, Howard County Department of Social Services, Hearts & Homes For Youth, DC Family and Youth Initiative, Aunt Hattie’s Place, Coalition of Adoption Programs, and KidsPeace.
If you want to GET INVOLVED and serve as a COMMUNITY COLLECTION SITE here’s how:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used backpacks; discard items that are not in good condition.
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
Financial donations accepted securely through PayPal.
Other donations can be mailed to Packaged For Success c/o The Teen Toolbox, PO Box 6368, Columbia, MD 21045.
Thank you in advance for joining us by donating, collecting, and sharing with your professional network.