I admit that it upsets me when Christmas decorations line the store shelves at the same time as Halloween decorations. Commercialization can not only bombard us make us forget the real meaning of the Christmas season, but if we aren’t careful we can forget about Thanksgiving as well. There are very few Thanksgiving movies on television, Santa Claus closes out the Thanksgiving parades, and thousands of people forego sleep on Thanksgiving night to get a jump start on their Christmas shopping. Well…I haven’t forgotten the reason for the season. I want to express my gratitude today.
- I am thankful for my family and friends.
- I am thankful for my health and home.
- I am thankful that The Teen Toolbox allows me to follow my passion and purpose while making a difference.
- I am thankful for YOU! Thank you for your readership, your comments, your social media posts, and your encouragement.
- Thank YOU for caring about the needs and desires of children and teens awaiting adoption.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING and Happy National Adoption Month!!
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox provides youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs.