Today is day 6 in the Get Hired job search blog series and it’s the weekend. The weekend is the perfect time to implement tip #5.
I have a series of job search questions for you today!
- Where is the last place you sent your resume or filled out a job application?
- Did you send a thank you letter after your last interview?
- Has your resume been updated in the last 30 days?
- Do you have a cover letter tailored for different positions?
- Have you reviewed your social media image this week?
- What jobs will you apply for this week?
Job Search Tip #5: Plan Ahead and Get Organized
The weekend is the perfect time to get organized. Take the time to get all of your employment tools and materials organized in one place before the start of the traditional work week. Digital folders on your computer and in your email are just as important as hard copies of paper files in your job search binder or file cabinet. If you don’t have a calendar or planner dedicated to your job search today is the day to get one. Proper preparation prevents poor performance.
Stay tuned for tip #6 tomorrow.
Want individual assistance with your job search?
My GET HIRED Strategy Session will breathe new life into the job search process
for ALL job seekers. Take advantage of our summer sale NOW.
- Related Post: One Size Doesn’t Fit All
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of The Teen Toolbox, is a Life Skills Expert who uses her Packaged For Success™ programs to help clients set goals for life and create a road map to reach those goals. Ms. Sanders is an experienced case manager, trainer, and administrator. She offers professional development training for both youth and adults. Ms. Sanders holds a Master’s degree in Social Work and has fifteen years of direct experience with a diverse array of clients in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.