The process of developing a portfolio in our Packaged For Success™ Portfolio Development Program builds winner habits. Success is within our reach.
A habit is a behavior pattern acquired by frequent repetition. Winner and losers do things differently. They not only think differently but they also act differently. Winners have habits that are valuable and move them forward.
- Get Clear– You cannot achieve success or reach your goals without a clear vision. You will not know if you are making progress is you do not know what you are working toward. Clarity allows you to focus on what you want to accomplish.
- Strategize and Plan – Winners create strategies and plans before they take action. They do not waste time and energy by taking action without careful consideration.
- Self-Motivation and Enthusiasm – Winners are proactive. Winners do not wait for someone to tell them what to do. Winners are go-getters who are enthusiastic about their goals. When you are not passionate about something the work is like drudgery. The excitement and enthusiasm that winners exhibit about their purpose and goals is often contagious.
- Take Action – After planning and strategizing, winners commit and take action. You can’t win or progress if you are standing still or if you are not consistent in your actions. Motion creates more motion. Winners take actions everyday that moves them closer to their goals.
- Seize Opportunities – Winners are open to opportunity. In fact, winners look for opportunities and take responsibility for their action and inaction. They are not bound by limitations or challenges.
- Never Stop Learning – Winners know that knowledge is power. They are willing to be a beginner and constantly seeking ways to improve themselves
- Spend Time With Winners – Winners do not waste time with negative people who are not committed to success or self-improvement. Winners spend time with people who will encourage their commitment and discipline support their personal mission.
- Don’t Give Up – Winners do not give up on their goals and dreams in the face of adversity. Rejection or failure at a task does not mean that you should quit. Often times if we take a step back and look at the situation from a different angle we will find the path to success.
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox provides youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic enrichment opportunities to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs.