March is National Social Work Month and every third Tuesday in March is World Social Work Day. Social work month is a special time for social workers to celebrate an awesome professions that is having an amazing impact on our world. It is also a time to celebrate our colleagues and our own contributions to the profession.
At different times during Social Work Month I shared a ‘Social Work Tip of the Day’ on social media. Here is my ‘Social Work Tip of the Day’ recap:
1. Social Work Tip of the Day: Set Clear Boundaries
2. Social Work Tip of the Day: Focus on assets before deficits
3. Social Work Tip of the Day: Listen…people want to be heard
4. Social Work Tip of the Day: Include clients in the problem-solving process
5. Social Work Tip of the Day: Be mindful of unequal power dynamics in client/worker relationships
6. Social Work Tip of the Day: Sometimes people need you to help them discover their self-worth
7. Social Work Tip of the Day: Never work harder for your clients than they are willing to work for themselves
8. Social Work Tip of the Day: Remember, you can be firm and assertive without being aggressive.
9. Social Work Tip of the Day: Define success on your own terms.
10. Social Work Tip of the Day: Illnesses, mistakes, and bank accounts don’t give an accurate portrayal of who a person truly is.
I also dedicated several blogs to the social work profession which you can check out below:
What Kind Of Social Worker Are You?
My MSW Enhances My Entrepreneurial Skills
Professional Social Work Associations and Organizations
We Hire Managers From Within
I’m Evaluating My Digital Footprint
How Will You Promote Macro Social Work?
Tips for Experienced Social Workers
Social Work Helper magazine launched the #YSocialWork campaign in conjunction with Congresswoman Barbara Lee chair of the Congressional Social Work Caucus, Congressional Research Institute for Social Work Policy (CRISP), Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work and Catholic University of America (CUA). As we near the end of another National Social Work Month I want to participate in the #YSocialWork social media campaign.
#YSocialWork – Because we all deserve to embrace our authentic selves and live our best lives
Nicki Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.