Human services professionals are an integral part of society. Our compassion, commitment, and competence improves the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Whether you aspire to become a teacher, therapist, probation officer, substance abuse counselor, youth development specialist, health educator, or domestic violence advocate – THANK YOU for accepting the challenge and dedicating your career to the well-being of others.
Skills for Human Services Professionals
• Decision-Making/Problem Solving
• Conflict Management
• Desire to Serve
• Public Speaking
• Planning/Organizing Ideas
• Team Building/Consensus Building
• Active Listening
• Group Facilitation
• Cultural Competency
Career Development Books for Human Services Professionals
• Great Jobs for Sociology Majors – Stephen Lambert
• 101 Careers in Counseling – Shannon Hodges PhD
• 100 Jobs in Social Change – Harley Jebens
• Career Paths in Psychology: Where Your Degree Can Take You – Robert J. Sternberg
• 101 Careers in Social Work – Dr. Jessica Ritter BSW MSSW PhD and Ms. Mary Kiernan-Stern MSW LCSW
• Monster Careers: Networking – Jeff Taylor
• The Twitter job search guide: find a job and advance your career in just 15 minutes a day – Susan Britton Whitcomb
• Multipreneuring – Tom Gorman
Job Search Websites
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of Packaged For Success, helps both youth and adults discover their personal power, dream big, and achieve success on their own terms. Ms. Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager who holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. Ms. Sanders has over fifteen years of direct experience with diverse populations in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.