Our 9th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive 2015 begins November 1, 2015 and ends December 5, 2015. We are collecting purses (totes, and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Purse Packing Party on December 12, 2015. Purses will be delivered before Christmas Day. Only new and gently used purses will be accepted. Only new personal hygiene items accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, shaving items, and lip balm.
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations for our 12/12/15 Purse Packing Party. Volunteers needed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
9th Annual Pack A Purse Drive 2015
-November 1, 2015 – December 5, 2015
-Purse Packing Party – Saturday, December 12, 2015
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
JaMai and Nicki