Supporting Teens Girls in Foster Care
Our 8th Annual Pack A Purse Drive begins November 1, 2014 and ends December 15, 2014. We are collecting purses (totes, and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters.
Only new and gently used purses will be accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, shaving items, and lip balm.
Since 2007, JaMai has organized this annual drive and collected and delivered 2,302 purses to 38 organizations.
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
The last day to donate directly to Pack A Purse Drive will be December 15, 2014. Purses will be delivered before Christmas Day.
Donations can be mailed to: Packaged For Success, PO Box 6368, Columbia, MD, 210145.
PURSE PACKING PARTY at Laurel Boys and Girls Club, 701 Montgomery Street, Laurel, MD, in Grey Room on Saturday, December 20, 2014, from 2:00pm-5:00pm. VOLUNTEERS needed. DONATIONS accepted from 2:15pm-4:15pm.
Financial donations can be made via PayPal.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
JaMai and Nicki
Nicki Sanders, Chief Visionary Officer of Packaged For Success, helps both youth and adults discover their personal power, dream big, and achieve success on their own terms. Ms. Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager who holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. Ms. Sanders has over fifteen years of direct experience with diverse populations in residential, school-based, and community based agencies.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.