Our 7th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive launches on TODAY, November 8, 2013. We are collecting purses (including totes and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. Only new and gently used purses will be accepted.
Personal hygiene items needed: toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, shaving items, and lip gloss.
The Next Level – Pack A Purse Drive™ Phase II:
• We need several drop-off locations in the community for Pack A Purse Drive ™. Churches, hair salons, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are in need of a central location for sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We desire a location that will allow participating agencies to be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags will be accepted during each drive.
Ready to collaborate with us by hosting a collection site for our Pack A Purse™ Drive?
Here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Purse™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai and The Teen Toolbox.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
The last day to donate directly to The Teen Toolbox will be December 16, 2013. Purses will be delivered before Christmas Day.
Because of your generosity, to date 1,565 purses have been donated to 34 organizations. (2007-2012 holiday seasons)
Nicki Sanders, MSW, Chief Visionary Officer
The Teen Toolbox utilizes youth portfolio development and civic engagement and academic empowerment strategies to help teens set goals for life after high school and create a road map to reach those goals through its PACKAGED FOR SUCCESS™ Programs. We are committed to supporting and raising awareness about the needs and potential of teenagers in the foster care system.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.