A professional portfolio is an organized collection of documents and items that showcases your talents, most relevant skills, and chronicles your professional path. Portfolios are no longer just for artists, designers, or teachers. A well put together portfolio can increase the confidence of professionals in every discipline or profession.
- A professional portfolio is a great way for interviewees to stand out during a job interview since many job seekers do not have one.
- A professional portfolio is also a great way for employees to highlight accomplishments and position themselves for a promotion.
- A professional portfolio can help entrepreneurs turn an exploratory discussion into a client meeting.
At a minimum, your professional portfolio should include:
• Career Summary and Goals
• Cover Letter
• Reference List
• Testimonials and Letters of Recommendation
• Academic Transcripts
• Awards and Honors
• Samples of Work
Here are 5 Reasons Everyone Needs a Professional Portfolio:
1. Clarity – ability to connect your interests, knowledge, and goals
2. Organization – display evidence of your skills, abilities, and work experience
3. Strategy – opportunity to assess your patterns, progress, and potential
4. Communication – a guide to effectively communicate your achievements
5. Branding – representation of your commitment to personal investment and professional development
A professional portfolio is a living document that should be revised and updated regularly. I recommend updating your professional portfolio at least quarterly.
Bring ‘Packaged For Success Portfolio Development Seminar’ to your community
Get Promoted Portfolio Development Seminar will help college students, emerging professionals, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs uncover new strengths, record achievements, and create a long-term success strategy. At the end of the seminar you will have a professional portfolio complete with your employment and business tools, academic records, and civic engagement activities (and more) that is suitable for a variety of professional environments. You will also gain the confidence to utilize your portfolio as a stepping stone on your chosen career path.
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.