A professional portfolio is more than a holder of your career documents or a conversation starter at on an interview. The process of developing your professional portfolio is just as important as the final product. Building a career portfolio can be enlightening, entertaining, and encouraging. The portfolio development process facilitates increase/improvement in 5 key areas that are essential to career advancement.
1. Self-Awareness (I Am) – Gathering your accomplishments together in one place can help you clarify your career goals
2. Self-Worth (I Deserve) – Deciding which achievements should be displayed in your portfolio helps you explain the value you bring to employers
3. Self-Reflection (I Have) – Portfolio development leads to an evaluation of your skills, experiences, and education
4. Self-Confidence (I Can) – Reflecting on past successes fuels the belief that you can achieve more
5. Self-Motivation (I Will) – A completed professional portfolio is a blueprint for future career success
A professional portfolio is a living document that should be reviewed and revised at least quarterly. Every career portfolio should include the following 5 items at a MINIMUM.
2. Cover Letter
3. List of References
4. Letter of Recommendation
5. Work Sample
Bring Get Promoted Portfolio Development Seminar to your company, campus, or group if you:
• Need help developing your professional portfolio
• Want an objective view of your current portfolio
• Are unsure of how to utilize your career portfolio on interviews or in business meetings
Get Promoted Portfolio Development Seminar
Get Promoted Portfolio Development Seminar will help college students, emerging professionals, experienced professionals, and entrepreneurs uncover new strengths, record achievements, and create a long-term success strategy. At the end of the seminar you will have a professional portfolio complete with your employment and business tools, academic records, and civic engagement activities (and more) that is suitable for a variety of professional environments. You will also gain the confidence to utilize your portfolio as a stepping stone on your chosen career path.
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.