SAVE THE DATE: 4th Annual Pack A Backpack™ Drive 2015
• Donations Accepted: April 1, 2015 – May 9, 2015
• Backpack Packing Party – Saturday, May 16, 2015
SPECIAL APPEAL to fraternities, men’s groups, men’s ministries, barber shops, coaches, and sports teams.
Our 4th Annual Pack A Backpack Drive begins April 1, 2015 and ends May 9, 2015. We are collecting backpacks (and duffel bags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen males in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters.
- Only new and gently used backpacks will be accepted.
New personal hygiene items needed include:
toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, deodorant, soap, lotion, powder, shampoo, conditioner, and shaving items.
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Backpack™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Backpack™ Drive. Churches, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to become an Ambassador and host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Backpack™ Drive collection success:
1. Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
2. Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
3. Publicize Pack A Backpack™ — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. Be sure to acknowledge your collaboration with Packaged for Success.
4. Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition
5. Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
The last day to donate directly to Pack A Backpack™ will be May 9, 2015. Backpack will be delivered during National Foster Care Month.
Nicki Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible community programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.