In order to graduate from college you have to pass your classes. You should strive to do more than just pass your classes. Every student should strive to get good grades in college. Good grades qualify your for certain campus opportunities, internships, scholarships, and awards. Good grades can also boost your self-confidence and help you stay motivated. #GetToGraduation
1. Expect to succeed
2. Choose your courses wisely
3. Come to class regularly and on time
4. Read your syllabus in its entirety
5. Get organized – use a planner/calendar
6. Be sure you have all the needed course materials
7. Read course material
8. Take good notes in class
9. Participate in class
10. Ask questions for clarification
11. Schedule a specific time to study
12. Study in a location free from distractions
13. Review class notes as soon as possible
14. Complete all assignments
15. Visit your professor during office hours for additional insight
16. Make sure your professor knows you as an individual student not just a class member
17. Understand your learning style
18. Don’t overextend yourself socially or academically
19. Break down large assignments into smaller tasks
20. Complete most difficult and least favorite tasks first
21. Exchange contact information with a classmate
22. Find out about anything you miss if you are absent from class
23. Check your college (student) email daily
24. Get help when needed – tutor, writing center, etc.
25. Select project and research topics that interest you
Get To Graduation Workshop – The path to a college degree is rarely linear. Earning a degree is only part of the successful higher education equation. A well-adjusted student has a plan B, C and D, understands the importance of strong connections, practical experience, and marketable skills, and has learned to leverage campus and career opportunities. This workshop will help both graduate and undergraduate students maintain motivation and make the most of their college years.
Nicki Sanders is an experienced trainer, group facilitator, and program manager. She has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and over 15 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a training and professional development company. Packaged For Success provides career coaching to college students, entry-level job hunters, and experienced employees seeking a promotion. Packaged For Success also offers communication and productivity improvement training for employees and supervisors and provides consultation on building sustainable, impactful, socially responsible corporate programs.
© Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.