Join Us in Supporting Teens Girls in Foster Care in 2017
Our 11th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive begins November 1, 2017 and ends December 5, 2017. We are collecting purses (totes and other handbags) filled with personal hygiene items for teen girls in foster homes, group homes, and homeless shelters. All donations will be delivered before Christmas Day.
- Only new and very gently used purses will be accepted.
- Only new personal hygiene items accepted.
Personal hygiene items requested:
- toothbrush toothpaste mouthwash
- deodorant soap lotion
We will also accept: shampoo, conditioner, feminine hygiene items, and hand sanitizer
We hope you will collaborate with us during our Pack A Purse™ Holiday Drive.
• We are seeking several drop-off locations in the community for our Pack A Purse™ Drive. Churches, hair salons, barber shops, coffee shops, schools, community centers, and other local businesses.
• We are also in need of a central location for storing, sorting and packing donations. Volunteers welcomed!
• We are seeking a location where agency representatives can pick up donations be given specific “shopping” times so that youth can come and select their own items.
• We never want to make deliveries in black garbage bags so donations of large holiday shopping bags and other durable large bags are needed.
If you want to become an Ambassador and host a collection site, here are 5 easy steps to Pack A Purse™ Drive collection success:
- Select appropriate containers for donations and an accessible collection location.
- Choose collection/drop-off dates and times.
- Publicize Pack A Purse™ Collaboration — social media, canvas your neighborhood, post flyers at home, school, or work. It is essential that you acknowledge your collaboration with JaMai Sanders, It’s Beauty and Braids, and/or Packaged for Success Enterprises.
- Sort through all donations at the conclusion of the drive — keep new and gently used purses; discard items that are not in good condition.
- Coordinate pick up and/or delivery with Chief Visionary Officer, Nicki Sanders.
SAVE THE DATES:
11th Annual Pack A Purse™ Drive: November 1, 2017 – December 4, 2017
Purse Packing Party: Saturday, December 9, 2017
Nicki Sanders: (301) 744-8018
JOIN US On Social Media:
10 YEAR GRAND TOTAL: Because of YOU, we have collected and distributed 5,078 purses to 55 organizations over 10 holiday seasons (2007-2016).
Nicki Sanders, The Packaged For Success Coach, is an Adjunct Professor with an extensive background in developing and managing internship programs. She is a skilled program manager, coach, trainer, and group facilitator who has packaged her Masters of Social Work degree and 20 years of work experience into Packaged For Success, a full service training and professional development company.
© 2017 Copyright Protected. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.